One username per person?

TEMPORARY Forum to discuss the layout of the forums here. What should the top-level forums be? What sub-forums are definitely necessary?

One username per person?

Postby AndySaunders » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:07 pm

I'd like to request a "one username per person" policy -- I'm finding it really difficult to follow who is who in some of these discussions...
Andy Saunders
Co-Director, NSA Club#471
http://www.andysthoughts.com/
AndySaunders

Re: One username per person?

Postby slipkin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:19 pm

AndySaunders wrote:I'd like to request a "one username per person" policy -- I'm finding it really difficult to follow who is who in some of these discussions...

Agreed. Please flag posts that you feel are confusing.
slipkin
Site Admin

Postby edhorch » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:05 pm

AndySaunders wrote:I'd like to request a "one username per person" policy

I'd take it one step further, and make a rule that the person be identifiable, either through their username or via something in their profile.
edhorch

Postby slipkin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:20 pm

edhorch wrote:
AndySaunders wrote:I'd like to request a "one username per person" policy

I'd take it one step further, and make a rule that the person be identifiable, either through their username or via something in their profile.

I think I'm going to have a "this is me" link on each player page on the site. If it's you, click it. Gotta work that linked info BACK into the forums at some point, but I think people won't mind saying who they are. It's actually a lot like LJ. Or, actually, LJ really doesn't have *any* anonymous Scrabbler, I don't think?
slipkin
Site Admin

Return to Forum Structure