Importing from ISC > Quackle

Information about Quackle, an analysis tool and worthy computer opponent

Importing from ISC > Quackle

Postby GamePlayer547 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:03 pm

What is the best way to take a game played on ISC and put it into Quackle to analyze it? I've been having to use a manual scoresheet and then enter it in move-by-move. Surely there's a better way <?>

**Ben
GamePlayer547

Re: Importing from ISC > Quackle

Postby TheLamb » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:46 am

I'm not sure I understand why you can't just have both windows open and enter the moves in without using a manual scoresheet.

Does ISC cancel your FP agreement even if you have Q open while not playing a game?

If so, I'd suggest viewing the game in your history, using Show Moves or whatever to list all the plays in the dialog box, and then disconnecting from ISC (without actually closing the window). This way you'll be able to see the moves without being connected to the server and thus exposed to the FP agreement.
TheLamb

Postby trashman » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:11 pm

GamePlayer547 wrote:...Surely there's a better way <?>

**Ben

There's always a better way. And stop calling me Shirley...
trashman

Postby GamePlayer547 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:27 pm

TheLamb wrote:I'm not sure I understand why you can't just have both windows open and enter the moves in without using a manual scoresheet.

Does ISC cancel your FP agreement even if you have Q open while not playing a game?

If so, I'd suggest viewing the game in your history, using Show Moves or whatever to list all the plays in the dialog box, and then disconnecting from ISC (without actually closing the window). This way you'll be able to see the moves without being connected to the server and thus exposed to the FP agreement.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about being able to take the data from ISC and use something to import it into quackle without having to manually enter all the moves by hand.
GamePlayer547

Postby synodalhaj » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:46 pm

synodalhaj

Return to Quackle