http://www.scrabbleassociation.com/tour ... index.html
I just got back home after competing in my first redeye, which was 29 games in 41 hours. It was quite the experience to say the least. I'm not going to write up summaries of 29 games, because I don't want to type it and you don't want to read it, but I had a horrendous start, losing my first eight games. However I had a great comeback to finish 16-13 +217 and 7th in division 2 (I was seeded 10th). On day one my average was only 360 with 1.2 bingos/game, but on day two I averaged 400 with 1.7 bingos/game, quite an improvement! My overall average was 382, which I'm quite happy with especially given my start.
I enjoyed meeting the other players and thought everyone was pretty friendly. I look forward to next year.
High game: 507-411 in round 27
Low game: 273-419 in round 15
- In the last round delirium set in. I went first and drew ADILNT? on my opening rack, which amazingly has no bingos (I looked forever), and I ended up losing three turns due to phonies. The best? QUEEF*. You know, that sound a vagina makes. I guess we weren't playing urban scrabble. And I really thought for a second it was good. Absolutely hilarious, especially to my female opponent.
- Steve Hartsman, who I drove up with, had a 658-250 victory over Steve Pellinen. Ouch.
- Rob Robinsky, who won division 1, had the high loss, an 8-bingo 511-591 (I think) game vs. winter.
- Joel Sherman.
- Winning my first game. In round 9.
- My rating went from 1261 to 1384!!!